Facial is one of the best ways to take care of your skin and give it a smoother, younger look. The treatment starts with cleansing. Then the skin is treated with steam in order to soften it and then is exfoliated with the use of a mechanical or chemical exfoliant. Mechanical exfoliants have a gritty texture that rubs away the surface dead skin cells. This type of exfoliation usually happens during the steam. Chemical exfoliation uses enzymes and acids to loosen the bond between skin cells. After, the esthetician extracts blackheads and whiteheads. And finally, after a massage, a carefully chosen mask depending on the skin type is being applied. Facial treatment is recommended once every four weeks.
Microdermabrasion is a process of dry skin removal with mechanical exfoliation. The mechanical exfoliant has a diamond tip and a small vacuum device which gently scrubs the skin surface and vacuums the dead skin cells. This procedures goes very well together with oxygen treatment. Microdermabrasion is recommended once in every three weeks.
How Many Treatments will I need?
In order to see significant results, a minimum of 4 - 6 treatments are recommended.
Helps with fine lines, Hyperpigmentation (dark spot), Refines the epidermis, Increase cellular turnover, Dull and congested skin and Excess of oil production.
What client should to know before getting Microdermabrasion:
· Client must not have had use of accutane within 12 months
· No collagen injections within 3 weeks
· Client must not have had laser treatment on area within 3 weeks
· No electrolysis within 7 days
· No visible cold sores
· No infections
· Client must not be pregnant or lactating
· Client must not have colored hair within 7 days
· No wax prior treatment
· No retinols and retinoids 7 days prior to the treatment
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
A chemical peel enhances and smoothes the texture of the skin, An AHA peel increases cellular turnover, and helps with uneven skin tone, Helps with pigmentation, Helps control acne/breakouts (however it may increase acne during the first few treatments), Eliminate dry skin(lactic peel), Chemical peel exfoliates the outer layers of dead skin, revealing a new skin layer with improved tone, texture, and color.
What is the time frame and how many treatments?
· Acne patients should return every 7-10 days until concerns are limited
· Other patients should return every 2-3 weeks
· In order to see significant results 4-6 treatments are necessary
· Maintenance is 1-2 months
· Home routine must be followed to achieve maximum results.
What to expect during the treatment?
There maybe some degree of minor discomfort such as (redness, irritation) but it will go away after few minutes
Contraindications/factors that may affect skin
· Accutane use within 12 months
· Laser treatment within 3 weeks
· Facial surgery within 8 weeks
· Cold sores
· Viral infections
· Hair chemical 7 days post hair colour
· Waxing/threading 2 weeks after chemical peels client can wax, and 2 weeks before client can wax
· Retinols and retinoid discontinue use for 7 days prior.
· No allergies
It is a refreshing treatment of the skin in the area of the face, neck and décolleté. After the treatment the skin feels and looks relaxed and refreshing. Oxygen treatment goes well with microdermabrasion and photo facial. Oxygen treatment is recommended to do once a week.